FALL FAVES ↣ K ✩

08:55


#FallFavesK

Goodbye November and hello December!

Hey guys! It's K, and it's also December which means it's that time we wrap up the Fall season by showing you guys what we loved for Autumn. These have been our favourites for the last couple of months and things we would consider to be our staples for the Fall!
We have you covered from skincare all the way to clothing and our favourite fall drinks!

So, let's get started shall we? 





I've never  been the biggest fan of makeup wipes due to the fact that it felt like I was vigorously and desperately wiping my face only to find that I still had a lot of makeup on. I mean, people have their holy grail wipes and what works best for them, but to me micellar water and/or cleansing oils or balms are the only thing to make me feel like i've accomplished a successful first step for cleaning my face. I usually double cleanse (cleansing oil and then a normal cleanser/exfoliator) or sometimes triple cleanse in order to feel like I have a good clean slate to start adding serums and moisturizers.

This products claims to be for "dry to normal" skin, but even a girl with combo skin like me, finds great use out of this. Since it is an oil, your face doesn't feel like it's been stripped of anything and oil is known to break down makeup, making it easier to wash off. Even if you have oily skin, this product won't make you oiler because it washes off completely, leaving no film or residue.

It's awesome for the fall and winter months because cold weather usually makes your face feel dry and tight, so a cleansing oil is awesome for taking off your makeup and not feeling like you just sucked all the life out of it. Follow the instructions on the back for proper use, and make sure you use it on a dry face! 


Beauty ⇉ ColourPop Lippie Stix - Taurus, Grunge, Hollywood Blvd (Matte x Matte X formulas)





t a k e n
w i t h
f l a s h 

I fell into the hype but it's okay because I LOVE ColourPop. Initially assuming all of their products were over hyped, I wanted to give them a fair shot and placed my first order consisting of 3 Lippie Stix and one highlighter. Since fall was coming up and I really wanted to rock brown lips or dark mauve lips - I settled for these 3 colours. It's scary buying lighter colours just because what they look like online might be completely different on what they look like for my skin tone and lip colour. So if you're unsure, settle for darker colours because they tend to look great on everyone! 

Taurus ▶︎ Out of the 3, this is the one I wear the most. I love how it isn't too dark and just adds a subtle warmth to any look. I also believe this is part of their KathleenLights collaboration, and anything she says or makes, i'm like "yes I need that". It's described to be "A mid-tone yellow brown" and to be honest, I have a hard time seeing the yellow, haha. On my skin, it's more of a dark sienna colour. Very similar to Essie's "Very Structured". The Matte formula for Taurus, as well as Grunge, isn't completely matte as you can see some sheen to it in the swatch (taken with flash) but the formula is extremely comfortable to wear. These lipsticks do bleed so I suggest using it with a lipliner. 

Grunge ▶︎ Grunge on my lips is a bit darker than Taurus and can look similar. But as you can see in the swatch, it has a more mauve-y/rosey undertone to it. Similar to Kat Von D's Lolita but a tad bit darker. This lipstick makes me feel like a bad a** b**** and I personally think every one needs a lipstick  that makes them feel this way, haha. It's described to be "cool-toned plum brown" but like mentioned earlier, it's pulls a bit more warm on me. 


Hollywood Blvd ▶︎ This lipstick is for the girls who love the brown lip. Out of the 3, this is my favourite formula. Hollywood Blvd isn't part of their normal Matte Lippie Stix but a Matte X formula. It applies like a normal lipstick but stays like a liquid lipstick and does not budge at all. Its much more light feeling on the lips and sometimes you forget it's even there! Colour wise, Hollywood Blvd is a pure dark chocolate brown. Much darker than it appears on the website. Initially, I wasn't confident to wear this out because of how dark it was and how brown it was. After some self reminders about how you can wear anything you want as long as it makes you feel good, I wore this lipstick everyday for maybe 2 solid weeks. 


Fashion ⇉ 1976 "Cropped" Sweatshirt











Every person needs a comfortable sweatshirt for the Fall/Winter and this one from Walmart has been my favourite. It's supposed to be a cropped sweat shirt but I sized up because, hello? Cozyyyy. I love how minimal it is, and the 1976 stitched graphic just adds a nice little detail. I would prefer it to say "1975" because you know - the band? The material isn't very thick, which I prefer. You're able to still layer this under a jacket or wear it on it's own. Plus, price wise it's super cheap! 


Favourite Drink ⇉ Peppermint Mocha from Starbucks

I know this is a favourite for the Holiday season, but depending on the Starbucks you go to and your barista, it might be available all year 'round! Anyone who knows me, like really knows me, knows that anything mint tasting is my sh**. This drink is for anyone who loves the strong taste of coffee as well as a strong liking to mint. I prefer mine without whipped cream, but that's just preference. 


Anyways, that's everything i've been loving for the Fall season. Can't wait to see what J and I will accumulate for the Winter! 

- TheMindUp x K






You Might Also Like

0 comments

FIND ⚪️ J

SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS

FIND ◻️ K

SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS

K's PERSONAL BLOG:
LIFE WITH KARLA