FALL FAVES x J

21:58


#FallFavesJ
What's good y'all, it's J (finally) back with my fall faves LOL. This post is definitely overdue since it just hit mid December, so without further ado here are some of my seasonal faves!

Skincare: Neostrata Pore Minimizing Anti-Shine Hydrating Gel


Man, what I'd do to have my 11 year old skin again. Invisible pores, even skin tone, and a clear complexion. I know nobody in the world has perfect skin (except Jaclyn Hill & Beyoncé) but I've been trying to get mine to look it's best. I used to be terrible at taking care of my skin, I was super lazy and I never really had any kind of routine; but now that I'm getting older I'm beginning to see the consequences of having bad skincare habits & I've realized that my skin doesn't have it's crazy regenerative powers anymore (I swear it was invincible) LOL. 

Adding this product into my skincare routine has really made a difference in the appearance of my skin. I've been less prone to breakouts and I've seen a reduction in pore size; nothing crazy but enough to notice a difference. This is a great product to use as a base underneath your foundation (especially in the T-zone), it really smoothes out those stubborn pores and keeps the shine from breaking through. Because it's an oil free/oil combating product it's great for my oily chikas, trust me I know the struggle. 

Now that we're moving into the winter season this product may not be ideal for people with dry skin. It's pretty intense & when it says anti-shine it stays true to it's word (super ANTI), but if you're like me and slick up like a grease ball no matter the weather then I think this product could be a great addition to your skincare/makeup routine.  



Honestly, I'm a foundation/BB Cream/Concealer junkyyyy. To me the base of the makeup routine is the most important, nothing is more satisfying than getting dat flawless foundation look. Once you have that (& fleeky brows) everything falls into place no matter how crazy you decide to go with the look LOL. 

Not gonna lie, getting ready quickly has always been a challenge for me (I like takin my time LOL). This product helps with that though, it literally takes me 2 seconds to slap this on my face & I'm ready for the next step. It's super easy to blend because it really melts into the skin, especially if you apply it with clean fingers. 

I'm usually really picky when it comes to face products because I have pretty sensitive, acne prone skin. This product has been my best friend all through out the summer and fall seasons, it's been perfect for everyday use and even as a primer underneath some fuller coverage foundations. Before I started using this I always opted for super full coverage foundation due to blemishes and uneven skin tone but I found that that clogged my pores and caused far too many breakouts. This BB cream doesn't give the fullest coverage but it gives your skin a fresh, clean, and natural look. It's kind of like a "your skin but better" kinda ting & that's why I love it. 

Fashion: Thrifted Flannel Button Up 


Flannels are definitely a staple for the fall season. I basically lived in this piece all season, I wore it to school, before practice, during practice, after practice LOL. I love it because the colours aren't too crazy so I can pair it with almost anything, the fabric is super thick & warm so it's perfect for cooler weather, and it's oversized and I have an obsession with oversized clothing. I'm sorry I couldn't provide a link for this since it was thrifted but the thrift stores are usually loaded with flannels so head out to one near you & maybe you can get lucky!

Fave Drink: Chestnut Praline Latte/White Chocolate Mocha (Starbucks) 

Can we just take a moment to appreciate these two lovely gems.......

I just want to say tysm to the White Chocolate Mocha for keeping me awake through out the day when I had a sleepless night prior to a full school/work day. This drink is more of a year-round fave, it's not too strong and not too sweet so for all of you who are scared to try coffee for the first time give this a shot! 

As for the Chestnut Praline Latte, the obsession is growing stronger and stronger. It just makes me feel like I'm snuggled up in a 100ft blanket, in front of the fireplace. Super appropriate for the holidays!

Thanks for checkin' out our fall faves! If you decide to try any of them out we'd love to hear feedback, maybe some of these products can become part of your faves too hehe. 

- TheMindUp x J



You Might Also Like

0 comments

FIND ⚪️ J

SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS

FIND ◻️ K

SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS

K's PERSONAL BLOG:
LIFE WITH KARLA