Style Profile: Kris Valencia (Blooming-Canvas)

14:42

#KrisValenciaBloomingCanvas

The friends that the both of us have are people we hold very near and dear to our hearts. Every few months or so, we thought it would be amazing to spotlight a few of our very fashionable friends on TheMindUp so you guys can learn about their interests, inspo's, and just have a brief insight to these amazing people we surround ourselves with.



We aren't only closed off to friends to feature on TheMindUp's Style Profile, so if you're interested in having a feature, make sure you contact us!


For our first Style Profile feature, we're featuring a very good and close friend of ours - 
Kris Valencia from Blooming Canvas! 

We both met Kris, also known as Kring, during High School and have remained really close with her ever since. She's always been able to keep up with trends but somehow will always make it her own. Our high school class (S/O to Maples' class of 2015!) voted her as "Best Dressed" which obviously makes sense because look at her and her clothes!! She's one of the most down to earth people we know as well as one of the most genuine people we know. She's such a beautiful soul and we can't wait for you to see what she has to say about fashion and what it means to her.



--


INTRODUCE YOURSELF AND DESCRIBE YOUR STYLE:

Hello! My name is Kris Valencia (author of blooming-canvas.com), a good friend of Karla and Jai! I would describe my style as minimal and chic. I tend to wear very simple pieces that have unique details to them.





WHAT GOT YOU INTO FASHION? 

The person who influenced my interest in fashion is my older brother (kenifromtheblock on instagram). He was definitely the first person to influence my sense of style.



A LOT OF PEOPLE SAY THAT FASHION IS A REFLECTION OF THEIR PERSONALITY. IS THAT THE CASE FOR YOU? 

My fashion sense is a good representation of my personality in terms of simplicity. However, I do try to challenge myself to try clothing or trends that exceed my comfort zone. I can dress from gothic to girly, but both are not true representations of my personality.



WHO ARE SOME PEOPLE YOU CONSIDER YOUR FASHION INFLUENCES/INSPIRATION? 

My brother is still someone who influences my style to this day, but some YouTube personalities such as Jenn Im, Jeanne (thegreylayers on Instagram), and Cassie & Ricci of ToThe9s are a few of the many people who inspire me.


FAVOURITE PIECE IN YOUR CLOSET? 

This is such a hard question to answer, but if I had to choose, I would go with my oversized denim jacket just because it's a very versatile piece that’s easy to pair with a lot of items, and also because I got it for a good price when I went thrifting this summer hehe.




WHAT'S A CLOSEST ESSENTIAL YOU THINK EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE IN THEIR WARDROBE? 

As cheesy as it sounds, what you wear wouldn’t look as good without confidence, you can wear a trash bag with your head held up high and you can still look good; this is something I always try to remind myself. But I will say that because it is winter, hoodies and sweaters are a must to stay comfy but still look cute!




DO YOU HAVE ANY ADVICE FOR PEOPLE THAT MIGHT FEEL INSECURE OR AFRAID TO DRESS THE WAY THEY WANT BECAUSE OF THE OPINIONS OTHER PEOPLE MIGHT HAVE OF THEM


Fashion is a way of expression and enjoyment. I find dressing up really fun! It’s like playing different characters everyday. You can be super extra one day and not really care about how you look the next lol. It’s your body, you are the only one in charge of what you put on it. Wear whatever makes you feel happy regardless of what other people think/say, because at the end of the day your opinion matters the most :)













PHOTOGRAPHS: Johans Mendoza
EDITED: Kris Valencia


Kring has recently started her blog, Blooming Canvas, where she features her bomb outfits, her pictures, lifestyle posts, as well as some awesome written passages!


Make sure you follow and check Kring out on Blooming Canvas, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube and send her some major love! (Clickable Links!)

Thanks Kring for allowing us to feature you on TheMindUp! ♥︎


- TheMindUp (J x K)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

FIND ⚪️ J

SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS

FIND ◻️ K

SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS

K's PERSONAL BLOG:
LIFE WITH KARLA